"Perez Hilton's Blog Site"

Okay, let me just start by saying, I absolutely HATE blog sites like Perez Hilton's. I mean gossip magazines are bad enough, but to read about this trivial stuff is just uncalled for. I mean, it's SO uninteresting. And how celebrities have to be bigger than ever these days. Just. WHO CARES. It honestly drives me nuts. I really don't find why so many people need to know what so many people are doing, just because they are in the "public eye". Get a life! Read a book! Christpher Lasch said "The effect of the mass media is not to elicit belief but to maintain the apparatus of addiction", which I guess could be read that people are addicted to this kind of smut? And that the massmedia only maintains this addiction. Which is incredibly true by any means. I don't know. I guess in some ways it's fun and light-hearted, but we have to remember not to take this stuff TOO seriously, because, like any addiction, I'm sure it's easy to get really involved in, and loose sight of what is real and what isn't.

No comments: